2010年3月29日星期一

Internet: a Rising Channel of Supervising for Parents

Still hiding your dear diary book from your parents? Worry about your little blog journals first. In this era of electronic communication, more and more parents are getting on line to check what their kids are thinking and writing about. “My mom has a facebook account, and she added me as a friend. Now, she knows everything about me even I’m away from home.”said Muse, a freshman of NCU English Department.
“Not only facebook, she also has my blog account, my msn account and my douban id.It seems that she is everwhere, and whater I did, she will know it.”said the freshman.Not only Muse,but also Angela has the same expience. “Both my parents are proficient in the Internet.Any move I make shall never escape from their eyes.” When asked about how did they feel about being supervised in this way, some claimed they feelt happy because they knew that they were being cared about,but some thought the otherwise.
“I sometimes feel a little bit pressure.You know, it sounds like an authoritarian system.It’s impossible to feel free when writing whatever being watched.”claimed Sunny.
But what do parents say about this?Let’s take a look.
“I’m glad that blogs are created.I was always worrying about what kind of things my kid shall suffer from after going to university,away from home.Seeing my son posting stories online at least made me sure whether he is happy or in trouble.And I’m pleased he is willing to share them with me as well as other people.”said one father.
In another case, Jenny, whose parents have all her blogs ,things are a little different.“I apprieciate their concern and I’m willing to share some of my stories with my parents.However, as for those things I don’t want them to know, I will write them in English.My parents know nothing about English but few words like hello and byebye.”laughed the girl.
(REVISED EDITION)

没有评论:

发表评论