2010年6月22日星期二

progress report 2- role playing and interviews

This week, after the role playing, we found that some of the questions are a little bit too big and went on seperate interviews to say what questions shall be asked. During the interview, not only the questions are formed , but also information was found.
Role plays conducted to see if the research questions can work out
Two groups: A. Susie and Sonny
B. Jessie and Ruby
After the role plays, we found that there are many problems about our questions, so we revise it into the following edition.
INTERVIEW course:
Places: transgender clubs
Step 1: self-introduction & small talk to get familiar with the interviewee
Step 2: ask for basic information about the interviewee
Step 3: bringing up our topic
Subtopic a: comparison of transgender culture in SL & RL
1. What do you think about the present transgender situations in RL?
2. What do you think about the present transgender situations in SL?
3. What are your daily activities in SL?
4. Apart from the activities here, do you take part in other activities with people who are not transgender?
Subtopic b: in what aspects does SL prepare transgender for better living in RL?
Subtopic c: existing problems
1. Have you ever encountered any kind of embarrassment because of who you are now?
2. What’s your reaction towards those embarrassments?


Here comes my little summerize on this week's work.
In reality, TG groups are usually confronted with misunderstanding and contempt. From the interviewees’ words, we can see that they are all usually under great pressure and hiding their identity and interest. While second life provided a virtual world where nobody knows your real identity, TG groups can enjoy a lot of different activities according to their interests. Although second life is a safer place to talk about and realize one’s own interests, TG groups are still very careful with their words and interaction with other people, in case their identity in real life would be found out or something else.
Bobby: I’m a crossdressing male in RL, a female in SL. I"m married, an unwilling participant. I love women's clothes, and wear women’s underdress everyday.I’m afraid of being found of wearing women's underdress, because it would be hard to work.They can’t fire me. I’m a boss. I have some fun with other people in SL, but not many CDs that aren't Transgender.I spend a lot of time in SL everyday. In SL,I dress just as I like and explore the feminine side that I didn't realize I had much of. In SL ,lots of pretenses dropped.I don't desire male body, and they can’t arouse me.

没有评论:

发表评论